1. GET TO KNOW YOUR BUSINESS: We will need to either meet and/or have conference calls so that you can convey the nature of your business and what you hope to accomplish by having a website.
2. CONCEPTUAL DESIGN: This is where we collectively create free-hand layout sketches of the pages comprising your website. Think of it as a layout of placeholders. We don't need all the details; just descriptions and locations; what-goes-where.
3. CONTENT: In it's most simple definition, a website is merely a collection of words and images arranged in a coherent layout. Someone has to write the text and someone has to provide the images. FarSight Design can do the layout once these are in hand. Sometimes just our direct collaboration will be sufficient to accomplish the above. You may be an excellent writer and may have existing photos or graphics that can be used. If this is intimidating you may need outside help from a writer, a photographer or a graphic designer. For example, do you have a logo?
4. MOCK-UP: FarSight Design creates a mock-up of your site by taking the details collected in step 3 and laying them out based on the conceptual design created in step 2. We will hold a Webex conference call so you can see the mock-up and provide feedback.
5. DESIGN FINALIZATION: It may take several iterations and modifications but eventually we arrive at a your final website design.
6. PUBLISHING TO HOSTING SERVICE: With the final design in hand, FarSight Design will publish your website to the hosting service of your choice. We can assist in this selection. At this point we will have reached your goal. Your website is live.
7. MAINTENANCE: If you wish, FarSight Design can maintain your website for you. A static site is ineffective; you will need to update it periodically depending on your business. We will be happy to provide you with a draft of our standard maintenance contract for your review.